SEAWALK HOMEOWNERS ASSOCIATION, INC.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING MINUTES
November 19, 2019 at 6:30 p.m.
- Call to Order/Establish a Quorum
The meeting was called to order at 6:30 p.m. and a quorum was established with the presence of: Dan Cavey, Edmundo Gonzalez, Chip Bifano, John Dunsford, Howard Hochrad and Lisa Bevill. Absent: Gloria Dongara.
Representing MAY Management Services: Brandy Rowe
- Approval of Meeting Minutes from October 21, 2019
Howard Hochrad made a motion to approve the meeting minutes from October 21, 2019 as written. Chip Bifano seconded and motion carried by all.
- Manager’s Report: Updates
Brandy Rowe reported:
- Update: Ocean Pond Circle Repairs – Liberty Electrical Contractors submitted a quote to install electric concrete post at Ocean Pond Circle. Discussion ensued.
Chip Bifano made a motion to approve Liberty Electrical Contractors’ quote to install an electric post at Ocean Pond Circle. Howard Hochrad seconded and motion carried by all.
- Update: Connors Landscaping-Updated Estimate – The Board reviewed and discussed Connors Landscaping’s updated estimate; spray 8x a year for an additional $175 a month. Brandy will obtain
clarification regarding Connors’ $75 follow-up fee and will create a comparison of all estimates received.
Chip Bifano made a motion to accept Connors Landscaping’s bid at 8x year spray. Edmundo Gonzalez seconded and motion carried by all.
- Update: Mailboxes – There are several different types of mailboxes in the community, but there’s only one type that is the approved standard for Seawalk. Conversation transpired. No action needed at this time.
- Other Items on Brandy’s Checklist:
- Received a proposal from Rick Arsenault to replace the pool pump, because the motor is defective. Discussion was held. Brandy will contact Rick and arrange to meet onsite to take a look at the
pump, and obtain further details regarding “motor is defective”, and will research the last replacement of the pool pump and any other repair invoices.
Dan Cavey made a motion to accept Rick Arsenault’s quote to replace the pump, with clarifications. Chip Bifano seconded and motion carried by all.
- Unit 186; style versus type of garage doors – The painting and the actual doors themselves not matching was discussed. It was noted the owner was painting their garage door today. No action needed.
- Received a proposal from Rick Arsenault to replace the pool pump, because the motor is defective. Discussion was held. Brandy will contact Rick and arrange to meet onsite to take a look at the pump, and obtain further details regarding “motor is defective”, and will research the last replacement of the pool pump and any other repair invoices.
- Financial Report
- Monthly Financial Update – Chip Bifano provided the Financial Report ending October 31, 2019.
- Plans for 2020 Budget – The Board reviewed, discussed and amended the proposed 2020 budget presented by Chip. The budget approval meeting is scheduled for December 17, 2019 at 6:30 p.m.
- President’s Report
Dan Cavey reported:
- Causeway Grass; Annual Meeting; Summerhouse HOA President:
- Continue to get positive feedback comments about the Causeway grass looking wonderful.
- Received compliments after the Annual meeting that it went well and was well run. Thanked everyone for being diligent in getting the agenda together.
- Contacted the President of Summerhouse HOA about SWK painting their side of the Summerhouse’s wall.
- SWK owns a right of way through Summerhouse, which is why SWK has a gate. SWK has a percentage wise obligation financially on the maintenance of that part of the road.
- Committee Reports
- Common Area Master Plan – Edmundo Gonzalez
- Gate Update – Vendor was able to get the gate off the brackets and put in posts. Still have to pour some concrete into the post hole. The slab for the operators to sit on was poured and the operator should be in place by the end of the week.
- Entry Monument Update – The old landscaping should be removed by tomorrow. Edmundo is meeting the stucco vendor on Wednesday to go over some last minute details. The Board has not selected the
light or if there’s going to be a background color where the sign is. There are three sign options:
- Remove the letters from the sign, clean them and place them back on the sign at the cost of $1,500-$2000.
- Remove the letters, clean them, powder coat to a different color and place them back on the sign at the cost of $2,900.
- New letters (the letters “S” & “W”) costs $998 each and the remaining smaller letters costs $420 each.
Edmundo noted he plans to go with option 1. Discussion ensued regarding the cost of the monument project. When the cost of the monument project is finalized, it will be noticed in the newsletter.
- Cabana/Pool Area Update – Edmundo will get together with the vendor to discuss two different types of budgets, which he elaborated on.
- ACC – Howard Hochrad
- Updates as needed:
- Unit 111 submitted an application to remove several trees and install pavers. ACC will make sure the trees are on owner’s property.
- Unit 122 still working on project.
- Copper Color Gutters on 166 Update – Owner installed copper colored gutters without ACC approval and was advised to submit an application. Owner submitted an application and was approved by the ACC.
- Updates as needed:
- Communications – John Dunsford
- Next Newsletter – Will draft the next newsletter and present to the Board for approval.
- Rules and Regulations – Dan Cavey
- Amendments-Second Draft - Waiting on Matt Finnis with respect to the wording around the verification of rental agreements – Matt is not returning Dan’s calls. About 75% of the membership was in favor of the 7 amendments. Dan will present the amendment mailing at the December 17th meeting for approval before mailing out.
- Rules and Fines – 2020 Item - No action needed at this time.
- Nominating Committee – N/A
- Common Area Master Plan – Edmundo Gonzalez
- Public Forum – N/A (no audience present)
- Discussion Items:
- Future Painting of the Summerhouse Wall – The Board considered having a volunteer paint day in 2020. Brandy to check with insurance agent about possible liability issues.
- Social Committee – It was brought up at the Annual meeting that social events should take place. Social events funded by the association were tabled about 10 years ago, because complaints were received about the same people getting together using Seawalk money. Conversation was held. Present any social events ideas at the next meeting.
- Management Company-Request for Proposals – Dan and Chip will obtain proposals from property management companies.
- Action Items:
- Approvals needed for the Entry Monument work and expenditure, if necessary – No action needed.
- Approval for 192 to remove one palm tree sitting in the common area, between the lot and the pond just off the corner where lots 190 and 192 meet. It is one of 3 palms in a cluster – Much
conversation transpired. Dan Cavey made a motion to allow 192 to remove tree, but replace with a tree 6’-8’ tall minimum. Howard Hochrad seconded the motion. Discussion ensued. Dan withdrew his
Dan Cavey made a motion to allow 192 to cut down the tree if they pay for it, because it’s diseased. Lisa Bevill seconded and motion carried by majority.
With no further business to discuss, the meeting unanimously adjourned at 8:40 p.m.