Heading

Approved

 

SEAWALK HOMEOWNERS ASSOCIATION, INC.

BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING MINUTES

September 6, 2019 at 6:30 p.m.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  1. Call to Order/Establish a Quorum
    The meeting was called to order at 6:30 p.m. and a quorum was established with the presence of: Dan Cavey, Edmundo Gonzalez, Chip Bifano, John Dunsford, Howard Hochrad, Gloria Dongara and Dennis Faulkner. Representing MAY Management Services: Steven Sheremeta
     
  2. Approval of Meeting Minutes from August 19, 2019
    Chip Bifano made a motion to approve the meeting minutes from August 19, 2019 as written. Howard Hochrad seconded and motion carried by all.
     
  3. Manager’s Report: Updates
    Steven Sheremeta reported:
    • Delivery of pool furniture was attempted last week, but there was a small change, which is being taken care of.
    • Had a car towed from the accident and is pending an estimate from Connors to repair damages. Chip Bifano provided an update.
    • 190 Coastal Oak requesting removal of a tree. Steven informed homeowner to obtain a written approval from an Arborist.
    • Metro Rooter completed cleanout.
    • Landscaping Bids (Execute on Action Item #1) – Steven is pending revised bid from Lawn Salon, who is charging $1,000 a month/$12,000 a year, but with the included services of shrubs, lawns, pest and fertilization applications, including irrigation inspections, it brings the total up to $1,500 a month/$18,200 a year. Steven provided an overview of R&D, Rockaway and Connors’ proposals. Discussion was held. Steven will obtain an updated bid from Connors.
       
  4. Financial Report
    • Chip Bifano provided the Financial Report, and stated he noted a lot more delinquent accounts.
       
  5. President’s Report
    • Children Fishing, Violation Letters, etc. – Dan Cavey reported:
      • Shared the letter from an owner to the Board about children fishing behind her house.
      • We were all involved with the violation letter situation. Steven did a great job with the reply, which seemed to satisfy almost everyone. In the next newsletter, Dan will remind everyone May Management is responsible for the violation letters.
      • Received complaints about delays in the work on the causeway. An email was sent about the work and two responses received, which Dan elaborated on.
      • Received complaints about SUVs waiting at the bus stop on the hill, which is a public safety issue. The police should be called.
         
  6. Committee Reports
    • Common Area Master Plan – Edmundo Gonzalez
      • Causeway Work Update, Entry Monument Update – The work on the causeway will begin on Wednesday to remove the grass and Edmundo explained what’s involved in doing so. The second part is having fill brought in and the fence, and at the same time, the submersible pump will be installed on Friday if approved. At the end of next week, the sleeves will be installed and the pump will be tested. Once complete, the sod will be installed.

        ​Edmundo provided for discussion an update about the work on the entry monument.
      • Town Hall – See Discussion Item –Discussion ensued regarding the options.
    • ACC – John Dunsford
      • Copper Color Gutters on 166 Update – No update. Steven will verify a violation letter was sent to the owners for installing copper color gutters without ARC approval.
      • Unit 162 was to make a decision regarding color of roof shingles. Steven reported the owner made a decision and is pending a response back from the ACC.
      • Unit 197 submitted an application to replace roof with shingles.
    • Communications – Gloria Dongara
      • Next Newsletter after the Town Hall? – Gloria will send newsletter out after the Town Hall meeting reminding members of the rules of the community, one being no parking on the street overnight. Steven will send a violation letter to Unit 140 about parking on street overnight and blocking mailboxes.
    • Rules and Regulations – Dan Cavey
      • Amendments-Second Draft-See Annual Meeting Discussion Item – Dan previously forwarded the amendments to the Board. The Board will review and decide if they should be presented at the Annual Meeting.
      • Rules and Fines – No update
    • Nominating Committee – Chip Bifano
      • Slate for 2020 Board-4 Positions – The committee recommends the following slate for 2020; Gloria Dongara, Dennis Faulkner, Howard Hochrad, and John Dunsford (existing members). As there are four candidates for the four positions on the Board, an election isn’t required, but nominations from the floor will be called for at the Annual meeting. An email will be drafted and sent to owners indicating the Nominating Committee presented the slate for 2020, but if anyone is interested running for the Board, please contact Steven.
      • Slate for ACC-1 Position – Need to fill the open spot on the ACC. Mike Lee will be approached to be a member of the ACC, along with others who may also be interested.
         
  7. Public Forum – N/A
     
  8. Discussion Items:
    • Town Hall – Focus on cabana options with updates on financial impacts of various options.
    • Annual Meeting
      • Usual: President’s Report, Committee Reports, Treasurer’s Report, Votes
      • Plus: Amendments Presentation? The amendments will be presented at the annual meeting.
    • Gonzalez Easement Request – Dan provided an update and discussion followed. Mr. Gonzalez rescinded his request for an easement.
    • There was conversation about an owner’s garage door that doesn’t match his other door. Steven will send owner a final notice about the garage door.
       
  9. Action Items:
    • Approve a New Landscape Maintenance Vendor – Addressed above.
    • Approve Expenditure for a New Gate – Proposals from Sunbelt Gate Systems and Chipman Servies were presented and reviewed for discussion. Howard Hochrad made a motion to approve Sunbelt Gate Systems’ proposal to install a Doorkey Gate System at the cost of $15,392, with a 1 year extended warranty and bottom mount. Chip Bifano seconded and motion carried by all.
    • Appoint 2020 Nominating Committee
    • Any Additional Items – N/A
       
  10. Adjournment
    With no further business to discuss, the meeting unanimously adjourned at 8:20 p.m.