Approved

 

SEAWALK HOMEOWNERS ASSOCIATION, INC.

BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING MINUTES

June 24, 2019 at 6:30 p.m.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

  1. Call to Order/Establish a Quorum
    The meeting was called to order at 6 p.m. and a quorum was established with the presence of: Dan Cavey, Edmundo Gonzalez, Chip Bifano (via phone), Dennis Faulkner, Howard Hochrad, John Dunsford and Gloria Dongara. Representing MAY Management Services: Steven Sheremeta and Tonia Price. One Homeowner was in attendance.

     

  2. Approval of Meeting Minutes from April & May 2019
    Edmundo Gonzalez made a motion to approve the meeting minutes from April 8, 2019, May 1, 2019 as written and May 20, 2019 with correction. Dennis Faulkner seconded and motion carried by all.

     

  3. Manager’s Report 
    Steven Sheremeta reported:

    • Update: Contents of the safe deposit box – Deeds for the land the Association purchased. These will be saved as a hard copy and as a digital file.
    • Update: Gate repair bill – Got a corrected bill that will be sent to the homeowner asking for payment.
    • Update: Cleaning the drainage trench at the pool for weeds and other debris – Connors, landscape maintenance, was instructed by a prior board not to do the pool decking area because of chemicals. Another vendor, KBT, was supposed to be taking care of it. Steven instructed Connors to start doing this again and moving forward.
    • Update: Repair chipped pool side edges (Primarily visible from inside the pool) – Rick Arsenal, pool contractor, is getting a proposal.
    • Update: Additional island camera to watch cabana entrance, if onc isn’t already doing so – Still waiting on a proposal from South East Business Solutions. The Board would like to revise the possible location of the camera. Looking to have a camera on the island in the direction of the cabana to monitor the activity.
    • Other items on Steven’s checklist:
    • SOS, a siren box for the gate needed for the Fire Department or EMT to get access would be about $500 to install and $150 for the box. Discussion continued on if this is needed, the current knox boxes are enough to satisfy code. Tabled until next meeting.
    • KBT is sending a written update.
    • Pool equipment lock was replaced.
    • Walked property with Matthew Broadus Signs. He redid the estimate with a lower price. Deposit was paid and all the materials have been ordered. Will be starting in the next week or two. Also asked for a quote for a cover over the equipment on the gate for consideration. Scope of work was discussed.
       
  4. Financial Report – No report
    Chip Bifano will be unavailable to approve invoices for about 2 weeks. The Board chose Gloria Dongara as the Secretary to approve invoices in his absence.

     
  5. President’s Report – No report  
     
  6. Committee Reports 
    • Common Area Plan –No report
    • ACC – No report
    • Communications – No Report
    • Rules and Regulations – No report
    • Nominating – No report.
       
  7. Public Forum 
     
  8. Discussion Items 
    • Discussion on scheduling of a town hall for presentation and feedback on Seawalk Drive landscape and hardscape improvements. Additional topics were brought up to be discussed at the Town Hall meeting and the structure of the meeting. Meeting set for June 27, 2019 from 6:30 – 8 p.m. at the May Management Conference room.
    • Discussion on the cabana condition and where our process goes from here – Stonebridge was contracted to look at the Cabana roof, specifically the bathroom, and find the source of the water leak. Looking to get a structural engineer to assess the condition of the cabana for soundness for remodeling and a new roof.
    • Discussion on violation letters and how we promote more consistency. One idea would be for Steven to send his proposed list out after each drive through and give us two days to veto any items. I think for example, we may know of people that are in process of working on an issue (the problem with this is that we don’t know everyone, so this could be inconsistency applied), or as in the case of the driveways, if it is a pervasive issue, we can send a community call to action. Steven sent out several violation letters, most regarding driveways. Discussion ensued regarding if the board should be approving the violation letters prior to sending them out and what issues that might bring up.
    • Discussion regarding the ditch on common area behind two homes. Options for mainenance were discussed, include it with the plan to hide the Northwest wall or come up with an agreement with the homeowners to maintain. Steven will get a cost from Connor’s Landscaping to maintain the area and a quote from Metro Rooter to clean the pipe.
  9. Action Items 

    • Approval of the Policy Holder Release for the settlement of $19,437.04. Steven read the adjusters recommendations. Dan Cavey made a motion to approve and sign the release for the roof settlement. Edmundo Gonzalez seconded and motion carried by all.
    • Approve an amount not to exceed $2,500 for a full and thorough inspection of the cabana building soundness for remodeling and a new roof. Dan Cavey made a motion to approve getting a structural inspection not to exceed $2,000. Gloria Dongara seconded and motion carried by all.
    • Decision is needed on the color of the pool furniture to be ordered.
       
  10. Proposed Business for Future Meetings/Parking Lot Issues 
    • (ON HOLD) Cabana parking control (See if this is a seasonal issue)
    • (ON HOLD) Clicker Audit (Gate Controller Dependent)
  11. Adjournment 
    With no further business to discuss, the meeting unanimously adjourned at 7:19 p.m.