Approved

 

SEAWALK HOMEOWNERS ASSOCIATION, INC.

BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING MINUTES

July 20 2020 at 6:30 p.m. - Via Conference Call

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  1. Call to Order/Establish a Quorum
    The meeting was called to order at 6:30 p.m. and a quorum was established with the presence via teleconference of Dan Cavey: President, Lisa Bevill, Edmundo Gonzalez, Gloria Dongara, Howard Hochrad and Karen Goff-Hill. Absent: Chip Bifano.

    Representing MAY Management Services: Brandy Rowe.

    Owner Attended: Fran Corragio, 128 Coastal Oak Circle
     
  2. Approval of Meeting Minutes from June 15, 2020
    Edmundo Gonzalez made a motion to approve the meeting minutes from 6/15/20 as written.
    Gloria Dongara seconded, and motion carried by all.
     
  3. Manager’s Report: Updates
    Brandy Rowe reported:
    • Beach Access – Multiple fence companies have been contacted regarding the beach access gate, and the consensus is that the beach access gate will need to be replaced, as it is damaged beyond repair. Brandy did obtain two bids from Stonebridge for $4,600 and from Hardwick for $1,800-$1,900 (Option A)/$2,680 (Option B). Discussion ensued.
       
  4. Financial Report
    Monthly Financial Update – In Chip Bifano’s absence, Dan reported the financials are looking great.
     
  5. President’s Report
    Dan Cavey
    1. Bylaws Amendment – Will be addressed later in the agenda.
    2. Fireworks – There wasn’t a lot of firework debris on the causeway this year, but the little debris there was, was cleaned up pretty quickly.
    3. Signage – Signage was installed and looks good.
       
  6. Committee Reports
    1. Common Area Master Plan – Edmundo Gonzalez – See Discussion and Action Items
    2. ACC – Howard Hochrad
      • ACC approved four applications; two for fence replacements and two for pavers.
    3. Communications – Dan Cavey
      • Newsletter – Send a newsletter if approve the action items in today’s meeting.
      • Notice Board – The key to the notice board broke off, but it’s workable.
      • Email – There’s been a lot less email traffic than in the past.
      • Website – Asked Eileen to take a new picture of the monument and post it on the website.
    4. Rules and Regulations – Dan Cavey
      • Bylaws Amendment – 35 votes have been received; 22 yes/13 no. Because of Covid 19 testing restrictions and Brandy not being able to get into the office tonight between 5 p.m. and 6 p.m. to pick up last minute votes; tonight’s Amendment Vote will be immediately adjourned to 10 a.m. on July 21, 2020 via teleconference.
         
  7. Public Forum
    Fran Coraggio discussed the washout of sand at the beach access. Brandy will contact the county to inquire if the association can pull the sand back up from the beach where it washed out.
     
  8. Discussion Items
    • Planning for moving forward with the cabana remodel choices: Public Forum and other communications – Board members voiced their opinions. It was decided to create a very informative communication on the potential cabana/pool updates. This will have illustrations that Amy LeBurn will help us with, and we will include financials for both the project and the impact on the reserves into future years. This will be followed-up with an audio/video Community Q&A session/in person Q&A session at the pool, which will be scheduled for either August 1st or 8th.
       
  9. Action Items
    1. Approve moving $20,975, for the roof insurance settlement, from the operating account into the reserve account to better facilitate managing the spending on the cabana/pool remodel project. Discussion was held. Dan Cavey made a motion to approve moving the $20,975 from the operating account into the reserve. Howard Hochrad seconded, and motion carried by all.
    2. Approve a budget of < $xx,xxx > for the Cabana/pool remodel project. To include the Basic items as outlined in the attached list and any items from the upgrade list as approved by the board after getting community feedback. Discussion was held. Dan Cavey made a motion to approve a budget of $61,000 for the Cabana/pool remodel project, to include the basic items as outlined in the attached list and the Board will consider upgrade items to be approved by the board after getting community feedback. Lisa Bevill seconded, and motion carried by all.
       
  10. Adjournment
    With no further business to discuss, the meeting unanimously adjourned at 5:58 p.m.

    Next regular BOD Meeting will be held August 17, 2020 at 4:30 p.m.