SEAWALK HOMEOWNERS ASSOCIATION, INC.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING MINUTES
January 14, 2019 at 6:30 p.m.
Call to Order/Establish a Quorum
The meeting was called to order at 6:33 p.m. and a quorum was established with the presence of: Dan Cavey, Edmundo
Gonzalez, Chip Bifano, Dennis Faulkner, Howard Hochrad, John Dunsford and Gloria Dongara.
Representing MAY Management Services: Steven Sheremeta. No homeowners were in
2. Approval of Meeting Minutes from March 2019
Chip Bifano made a motion to approve the March 11, 2019 minutes as written. Edmundo Gonzalez seconded and motion
carried by all.
3. Manager’s Report
Steven Sheremeta provided updates on the following:
- Update: JEA credits – Still pending a response from JEA. Will continue to contact them.
- Update: Insurance claim on cabana roof – All information has been sent to the carrier’s appraiser and should have an answer by the end of this week or next week.
- Update: Mulching – Connors was approved to proceed with the mulch, but we removed the marquee area on the boulevard, due to potential landscape changes.
- Update: Summer House Dead Trees – No Update.
- Update: Pressure Washing of the Curbs – Postponed until after the leaves have fallen.
- Update: Community Signs – Received a verbal quote from Hardwick Fence to do the fence posts sleeves at the cost of $1,400. Matt Broadus quoted $1,000 for the same work and quoted $3,610 to do the whole project. Discussion ensued. Tabled until the next meeting.
- Received an estimate to restripe all traffic directional lines on the asphalt, stop bars at the stop sign, striping the parking lines at the pool parking lot, and painting the speed bump on the causeway at the cost of $500.
- Gloria Dongara made a motion to approve estimate of $500. Chip Bifano seconded and motion carried by all.
4. Financial Report
Chip Bifano reported:
- As of last month, 3 line items were $14,000 over budget: 1) Legal & professional fees $4,000, 2) Office supplies/postage/copies $2,500 and 3) Pool repairs $4,500.
- We have items that haven’t been spent or are under budget. We are $5,900 over budget.
- He didn’t renew the safe deposit box rental. Chip Bifano made a motion to cancel Lock Box (Safe Deposit Box). Gloria Dongara seconded and motion carried by all. Robin will be informed the safe deposit box rental was not renewed and if she has a key, to please remove any items in the box and provide to the Steven.
- Utilities are running a little over the budgeted amount. Irrigation is picking up for spring time watering.
5. President’s Report
Dan Cavey reported consent agendas can be created, which he elaborated on.
- Public Forum – N/A
- Old Business – N/A
8. New Business
- An owner who lives next to the northwest draining easement requested the swale be sprayed for weeds. An estimate will be obtained.
- The Board considered purchasing Limits, to replace the switches in the arms of the gate every 4-6 months for regular maintenance. Limits will be purchased.
- Discussion ensued regarding garbage/debris being put out too early.
9. Committee Reports
- Common Area Master Plan Committee – Edmundo Gonzalez reported the debris along the causeway will be removed possibly tomorrow and after the cleanup, Legacy Engineering submitted a bid of $4,975 to
send a video through the pipes, submit a report of the condition of each pipe and provide his recommendations. Dan Cavey made a motion to increase the dollar amount approved for the clearing of the
dead debris and brush from the banks of the causeway to $3,800. Edmundo Gonzalez seconded and motion carried by all.
Dan Cavey made a motion to approve $4,975 to hire Legacy Engineering for the engineering evaluation services to scope the condition of the existing storm water culverts. Edmundo Gonzalez seconded and motion carried by all.
Dan Cavey made a motion to spend up to $60,000 for filling and repair of storm water culverts by a contracting company to be determined. Edmundo Gonzalez seconded and motion carried by all.
- ACC – John Dunsford reported one application received, reviewed and approved.
- Communications – Gloria Dongara reported Randy agreed to help with the newsletter.
- Rules and Regulations – Dan Cavey reported:
- The Board reviewed and discussed the attorney drafted letter to the membership regarding .
- Attorney Mike McCabe suggested the Board propose to the community for a vote an amendment to the Covenants, limiting rentals for a year at a minimum, which requires a drafted amendment to be presented as part of a called meeting of the membership. Much discussion was held. The owners will be polled about the rental issue.