Approved

 

SEAWALK HOMEOWNERS ASSOCIATION, INC.

BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING MINUTES

February 18 2020 at 6:30 p.m.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1.      Call to Order/Establish a Quorum
The meeting was called to order at 6:30 p.m. and a quorum was established with the presence of: Dan Cavey: President, Lisa Bevill, Edmundo Gonzalez, Gloria Dongara and Howard Hochrad.
Absent: Chip Bifano and Karen Goff-Hill.

Representing MAY Management Services: Brandy Rowe

 

2.      Approval of Meeting Minutes from January 20, 2020

Gloria Dongara made a motion to approve the meeting minutes from 1/20/20 as written. Edmundo Gonzalez seconded and motion carried by all.

  1.    Manager’s Report:
       Updates Brandy Rowe reported:
  • Update: Cabana improvement contractors – We are following up on the RFP’s to ask the vendors to return them that haven’t yet.
  • Update: Clicker prices and inventory purchase – Brandy will be contacting Sunbelt regarding this. There are currently only 4 clickers left in the inventory.
  • Other Items on Brandy’s Checklist:
    • Presented and reviewed the work order history report.
    • Presented the Compliance Report. She has been on hold sending the letters out but now that her new assistant has started, letters will begin being mailed.
    • Haven’t received a response back from KBT about pressure cleaning the back drive.
    • Smoke detectors are being installed this afternoon.
    • Insurance is updated and policy has been put in place.

 

4.      Financial Report

Monthly Financial Update – The Board was in receipt of the January financial report. We were under budget for the month, due to a low amount of maintenance items. Many of these items will catch up later in the year, such as landscaping.

 

  1.    President’s Report
       Dan Cavey reported:

  • Neighborhood buzz:
    • Political flag at 128 COC – We are following the process on compliance.
    • Neighborhood dispute on property line – This is not an association issue, but Dan did go over to and speak to them. The neighbors are now working things out.

 

6.      Committee Reports

  • Common Area Master Plan – Edmundo Gonzalez
    • Entry Monument  Update; Work has finally begun.
      • A second opinion from another structural engineer was received.
      • Edmundo met with the contractor and engineer and was able to negotiate a better deal for the sign
      • We are right at budget on the project and will work to try and get some of the other costs associated with the sign down, such as painting, landscape and irrigation. We may need to fill in the landscape more at a later date.
    • Cabana/Pool Area  Update; Discussion followed regarding getting an architect to come in and look at the structure to help us better come up with a plan, especially with roofing options. Howard Hochrad made a motion to approve the expenditure of up to $500 to engage an architect to provide recommendations on the cabana project. Gloria Dongara seconded and motion carried unanimously.
  • ACC – Howard Hochrad; updates given as needed:
    • Committee reviewed and approved three ACC applications for windows, an installation of a garage door replacement and the committee will be reviewing a request for painting and paver installation at an upcoming meeting.
  • Communications – Dan Cavey;
    • Next Newsletter – We will begin looking for items to put in the newsletter. The newsletter will probably need to go out prior to cabana options being provided by the architect.
  • Rules and Regulations – Dan Cavey;
    • Amendments Vote Update: Get out the vote progress: The vote is going very slowly and probably around 80% still haven’t voted. Dan will send further information on the vote and process to those that haven’t voted.
    • Preparing for the Next Set of Amendments – The next few amendments would be for bylaw changes, which have a lower quorum requirement. Only 2/3 vote is required for bylaw changes.
    • Vote on fines to save us money on lawyers – The Board can implement fines up to $100 per day, per violation and send the violation to a “Hearing Committee” for review, rather than spending the money on an attorney drafting a letter. Discussion followed.
  • Nominating Committee – Chip Bifano – No report.

 

  1.    Public Forum – No comments noted.

 

8.      Discussion Items:

  • Community social event ideas – We are still looking for someone to volunteer to organize community events.
  • Update – Bids for Management Company Contract – We have about 5 companies that have provided bids. So far the options have either been very small companies or much larger companies. Dan will continue to look for options.
  • Cabana/pool area – Assignments on Completion Steps – Addressed above.
  • Getting a legal opinion on the definition of “sign” when a flag is used as a political sign – Discussed above.
  • Parking – Discussion followed regarding mapping out the community to allow for specific street parking spaces.

 

9.      Action Items:

  • Vote on any necessary actions on the monument or cabana improvements – Voted on above.

 

  1.    Adjournment
       With no further business to discuss, the meeting unanimously adjourned at 7:30 p.m.

       Next BOD Meeting will be held February 18, 2020 at 6:30 p.m.