Approved

 

SEAWALK HOMEOWNERS ASSOCIATION, INC.

BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING MINUTES

April 20 2020 at 6:30 p.m. - Via Conference Call

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

  1. Call to Order/Establish a Quorum
    The meeting was called to order at 6:30 p.m. and a quorum was established with the presence of: Dan Cavey: President, Lisa Bevill, Edmundo Gonzalez, Gloria Dongara, Chip Bifano and Karen Goff-Hill. Absent: Howard Hochrad.

    Representing MAY Management Services: Brandy Rowe
     
  2. Approval of Meeting Minutes from February 18, 2020
    Gloria Dongara made a motion to approve the meeting minutes from 2/18/20 as written.
    Edmundo Gonzalez seconded and motion carried by all.
     
  3. Manager’s Report: Updates
    Brandy Rowe reported:
  • Update: Clicker prices and inventory purchase; current inventory levels – There are nine clickers left of the new ones purchased at $25 per clicker.
  • Update: Fixing the hole around the back-gate pole that holds the maglock – Brandy will ask the maintenance man to fix the hole around the back-gate pole.
  • Update: Update the board on the functionality and cost of the MM website – Brandy explained Exhibit C of the May Management contract; option for web portal, or website, and entertained comments and questions.
  • Other Items on Brandy’s Checklist:
  • Presented the Work History Report and Compliance Report.
  • Edmundo asked Brandy if she heard back from Liberty Electric regarding the power issue on the controller for Ocean Pond Circle. Brandy noted Liberty did their portion of the repair and then Danny did his portion of the repair.
     
  1. Financial Report
    Monthly Financial Update – Chip Bifano provided the Financial Report ending March 31, 2020, which included review of the variances and reserve fund.
     
  2. President’s Report
    Dan Cavey reported for discussion that he spoke with Joe Gill, President of Summer House HOA regarding the increased volume of gate runners. Joe did note he received complaints about cars coming from Seawalk dumping their trash in their dumpster. Dan and Joe agreed to write something about the issues in their respective newsletters.
     
  3. Committee Reports
  • Common Area Master Plan – Edmundo Gonzalez
  • Entry Monument – Progress Update
  • Landscape/irrigation company will be on site tomorrow and should complete the job by the end of the week.
  • Back Gate Wall – Schedule Update
  • Submitted several proposals for review. Recommends using the same company that worked on the front gate wall. He will call the company to schedule the project.
  • Cabana/Pool Area – Development of a Project Plan
  • Several proposals received and Brandy is obtaining additional proposals. Once the above two project are complete, Edmundo will then allocate some time to the project.
  • ACC – In Howard Hochrad’s absence, no report given.
  • Communications – Dan Cavey
  • Next Newsletter – Reminder of how the ACC works; cabana options; housing market; amendments; being kind with street parking; Corona Virus; election season, etc. – Dan will draft the newsletter and forward to the board for review and approval.
  • Rules and Regulations – Dan Cavey
  • Amendments vote results have been shared; Voting will be closed on May 14; 52 votes received.
  • Next Up: Bylaws – borrowing limit; Nominations from the nloor; ACC election; others? Will be considered in June/July.
  • Next Up: Fining Policy – common area rules on first violation and/or covenant violations as part of the third notice in lieu of legal action – The Board considered creating a Fining Policy. Will be addressed at the next meeting.
  • Electronic Voting – State of Florida allows for electronic voting, which requires some type of set up for owners to vote electronically. Will be addressed at a future meeting.
     
  1. Public Forum – No comments noted.
     
  2. Discussion Items:
  • Should the pool be closed in response to the COVID-19 emergency declarations – Board members voiced their opinions. The Board agreed to follow CDC Guidelines and close the pool.
  • What do we do about car parking for non-member/non-guests? What about guests? What about non-accompanied guests? This is in relation to the issue prior to the close of the beach but has been an ongoing issue in the summer in the past. Car stickers could be considered, towing, fining, etc. Parking in the street in general may need to be addressed – Board members voiced their opinions and ideas. Brandy will research different parking options; stickers, hang tags, etc., and present to the Board.
  • Discussions ensued regarding the monument, and beach gate.
     
  1. Action Items – None Scheduled
     
  2. Adjournment
    With no further business to discuss, the meeting unanimously adjourned at 7:34 p.m.

    Next BOD Meeting will be held May 18, 2020 at 6:30 p.m.